CONSERVATION MANAGER – 5* Game Lodge (KNP)
- A minimum of 5 year’s work experience in guiding, security or environmental field.
- Hardworking, well organised with efficient time management capabilities.
- Excellent people management and interpersonal communication skills.
- Co-operative yet assertive manner.
- High standards of service excellence and a passion for the hospitality industry, environmental management and wildlife preservation.
- Exceptional English and a second language, Shangaan, would be preferable.
- Good computer literacy.
- A clear understanding of basic labour law and disciplinary procedures.
- A good understanding of Health & Safety and responsible conservation ethics
- Thorough technical knowledge and understanding of vehicles, operations and equipment
- Key liaison between the Lodge and the Kruger Park Section Ranger.
- To minimize contact between guests and security forces on the concession.
- To ensure that the various security related teams and anti poaching units provide the Lodge with the necessary attention to maintain guests and staff safety at all times.
- Monitor and engage military and other deployments on the concession.
- To assist and advise on any security issues that may arise at the lodges.
- Coordinate problem animal control between the Lodge and the Kruger Park Section Ranger.
- To monitor and ensure that the digital radio system remains in working order, which will ensure that communication is maintained with the various role players.
- Perform non-combatant security function.
- Represent the lodges environmental interests with SANParks.
Ensure ongoing effective and responsible environmental management across the concession by:
- Assisting the Environmental Consultant with duties when not on site.
- Overseeing environmental teams when working on site.
- Overseeing the maintenance of water and road infrastructure.
- Acting as Fire Protection Officer for the concession under KNP-FPA in collaboration with TSM & Head Guide.
- Keeping an up to date data base of all environmental issues.
- Coordinating EIA/ROD inputs with the Environmental Consultants and Head Guide.
- Sustainability initiatives (One Planet) and occasional support for conservation research or monitoring.
- Assisting GM with concession related duties.